This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

what firefly / rk3288 kernel fits mali t76x kernel device driver r6p0-02rel0 best for linux + X11?

Hi ARM,

Really great that you have also released the mali midgard gpu X11 user space drivers for firefly (r6p0-02rel0)! TNX!

Now I want to merge the corresponding kernel device driver (r6p0-02rel0) with a linux kernel for firefly.

And then use it together with the rockchip drm kernel driver and armsoc X11 driver to make it all work for ubuntu/debian.

What firefly kernel is used/ needed for this driver, i.e. for what linux kernel release this driver has been made and tested for?

It is especially important to me as besides merging, it also needs a working drm kernel driver for rockchip.

So I wonder if you could share the kernel repo you used for developing and testing these kernel and user space drivers, or some other details how to make this actually work?

TNX!

Cheers -- mac_l1

Parents
  • just to answer my own question and help other people out in speeding up their development by reducing experimenting: the published firefly kernel driver ( mali midgard t764 r6p0-02rel0 ) seems to have been developed for linux 3.10 (android) or linux 3.14 (chromeos). i assume 3.10 as i haven't seen any chromeos for firefly yet.

this also means that for linux / X11 you should also have a corresponding drm driver for rockchip for that linux version.

however with only a few patches i have it integrated and running on mainline linux kernel (v4.7) using mainline drm driver for rockchip.

for ubuntu desktop/X11 i also needed a rockchip libdrm user-space driver and arm's user-space mali X11 driver together with xf86-video-armsoc (rockchip version) DDX, that i found on several github repos. the repo's and work from mmind and rockchip were especially of great help.

it works, only performance is a bit slow (glmark2-es score now about 40)... but that's another topic...

cheers -- mac-l1

• just to answer my own question and help other people out in speeding up their development by reducing experimenting: the published firefly kernel driver ( mali midgard t764 r6p0-02rel0 ) seems to have been developed for linux 3.10 (android) or linux 3.14 (chromeos). i assume 3.10 as i haven't seen any chromeos for firefly yet.

this also means that for linux / X11 you should also have a corresponding drm driver for rockchip for that linux version.

however with only a few patches i have it integrated and running on mainline linux kernel (v4.7) using mainline drm driver for rockchip.

for ubuntu desktop/X11 i also needed a rockchip libdrm user-space driver and arm's user-space mali X11 driver together with xf86-video-armsoc (rockchip version) DDX, that i found on several github repos. the repo's and work from mmind and rockchip were especially of great help.

it works, only performance is a bit slow (glmark2-es score now about 40)... but that's another topic...

cheers -- mac-l1

Children
No data