This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Graphics Debugger Freezing

MGD (version 3.5.1.19fd655b) freezes on me when I try to view a frame capture.  I can capture the frame, or load a previously saved capture, but when I click on any of the glDrawElements calls in the Trace Outline, MGD freezes.  I captured the trace on a non-rooted Galaxy S6 on Android 5.0.2.

Parents
  • Hi cegbert,

Thanks for your report.

What operating system are you running Mali Graphics Debugger on? I gave it a quick go on Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit and I coudn't reproduce it...

What is the size of the trace file? Increasing available memory may help, as described in the User Guide:

Increasing the amount of memory made available to the application will increase the maximum trace size that may be accommodated.

To do this, locate the mgd.ini file within the application installation and open it with a text editor.

Find the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) argument starting with ‘-Xmx...’.

The number that follows the argument defines the maximum amount of memory that the application will claim when running, with a trailing ‘m’ for megabytes.

This number can be increased to match the capabilities of your system.

Please note the format for the argument and ensure that your modifications follow the same format exactly (i.e. no spaces, trailing lower-case ‘m’).

The number you enter must be a multiple of 4.

Cheers,

Jacek

• Hi cegbert,

Thanks for your report.

What operating system are you running Mali Graphics Debugger on? I gave it a quick go on Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit and I coudn't reproduce it...

What is the size of the trace file? Increasing available memory may help, as described in the User Guide:

Increasing the amount of memory made available to the application will increase the maximum trace size that may be accommodated.

To do this, locate the mgd.ini file within the application installation and open it with a text editor.

Find the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) argument starting with ‘-Xmx...’.

The number that follows the argument defines the maximum amount of memory that the application will claim when running, with a trailing ‘m’ for megabytes.

This number can be increased to match the capabilities of your system.

Please note the format for the argument and ensure that your modifications follow the same format exactly (i.e. no spaces, trailing lower-case ‘m’).

The number you enter must be a multiple of 4.

Cheers,

Jacek

Children