This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rockchip RK3288 Android MALI T760, support for 16 bit RGB 565

Currently the framebuffer/MALI/Linux driver, supports RGB8888 format, I am trying to configure my frambuffer for 16 bit RGB565 format. I am not sure how to configure, but when I looked into the sources, I noticed that the Android.mk file under (/hardware/rockchip/libhardware/gralloc/) has a macro GRALLOC_DEPTH, when I assigned the value GRALLOC_16_BITS, the Android screen goes OFF entering into blank mode.

I am using Android Lollipop on Rockchip RK3288 board, Please check the log for more details spec for the board/ARM core.

My question is, that the static libraries (MALI T760) used on the android build has support for RGB 16 bit ?,

Do I need to change the libraries used for building or Any build flags to be changed specific to MALI T760 driver in android tree

Also find the attached log (TEST5_RGB_te_2016-04-27_20-56-02_test.log) when I tried to build android with GRALLOC_DEPTH=GRALLOC_16_BITS.

Also find the RGBA8888 Working Log () attached.

9946.zip