This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rockchip RK3288 Android MALI T760, support for 16 bit RGB 565

Currently the framebuffer/MALI/Linux driver, supports RGB8888 format, I am trying to configure my frambuffer for 16 bit RGB565 format. I am not sure how to configure, but when I looked into the sources, I noticed that the Android.mk file under (/hardware/rockchip/libhardware/gralloc/) has a macro GRALLOC_DEPTH, when I assigned the value GRALLOC_16_BITS, the Android screen goes OFF entering into blank mode.

I am using Android Lollipop on Rockchip RK3288 board, Please check the log for more details spec for the board/ARM core.

My question is, that the static libraries (MALI T760) used on the android build has support for RGB 16 bit ?,

Do I need to change the libraries used for building or Any build flags to be changed specific to MALI T760 driver in android tree

Also find the attached log (TEST5_RGB_te_2016-04-27_20-56-02_test.log) when I tried to build android with GRALLOC_DEPTH=GRALLOC_16_BITS.

Also find the RGBA8888 Working Log () attached.

9946.zip
  • The GPU supports most color formats, but the integration into Android needs to work for all masters (e.g. GPU, display controller, etc). The gralloc implementation is therefore usually customized by the system integrator to handle format negotiation for all of the drivers in the media chain. Just changing the bit-depth of the buffer is unlikely to be all that is required. This is probably a question which could be best answered by Rockchip.

Cheers,
    Pete