This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Draw a bimap in opengles with Mali-400 mp2

Hi everyone:

I'm new to Mali Graphic.Recently,I want to draw a bitmap in opengles with sc7731g efficiently.I learn that sc7731g consists of Mali-400 mp2.I was wondering if mp2 means the Mali400 mp2 has two fragment processor.I find that Mali400 and MaliT760 have different architectures.MaliT760 consists of 16 shader cores.I was wondering if each shader core has one vertex process and one fragment process.Does

anyone have any ideaes of drawing bitmap in opengles with Mali-400 mp2 ?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi david_zhang,

The Mali-400 is based off the Utgard Architecture. These GPU's have a single Vertex Processor and one or more Fragment Processors. The MPx is only referring to the number of Fragment Processors.

As such a Mali-400 MP2 means it has one vertex and two fragment processors.

The Mali-T760 is based off the Midgard Architecture, which is a unified shader core architecture. Each core can act as both a vertex and a fragment processor. Hence for this, the MPx refers to the number of shader cores.

I hope it helps explain things better for you.

As for your specific question about drawing textures, have you looked at our OpenGL ES SDK? It has many examples included, such as texturing.

Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Linux - Mali Developer Center

Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Android - Mali Developer Center

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi david_zhang,

The Mali-400 is based off the Utgard Architecture. These GPU's have a single Vertex Processor and one or more Fragment Processors. The MPx is only referring to the number of Fragment Processors.

As such a Mali-400 MP2 means it has one vertex and two fragment processors.

The Mali-T760 is based off the Midgard Architecture, which is a unified shader core architecture. Each core can act as both a vertex and a fragment processor. Hence for this, the MPx refers to the number of shader cores.

I hope it helps explain things better for you.

As for your specific question about drawing textures, have you looked at our OpenGL ES SDK? It has many examples included, such as texturing.

Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Linux - Mali Developer Center

Mali OpenGL ES SDK for Android - Mali Developer Center

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children