This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transaction elimination effect on performance

I want to make sample code to see effect of transaction elimination so I made 2 experiments

1-  running the kernel 10 times to write same data on frame buffer and record time of each running.

2- running the kernel 10 times to write random data send by send uniform variable with random data and record time of each running.

when I comparing the time is still in the same range I expect that time for write same data will be less than time of random data due to transaction elimination but it didn't happen.

My question how I can see effect of transaction elimination?  I used Galaxy S6 GPU T760 MP8

• Transaction Elimination is not a performance optimization; it's a bandwidth saving / system energy efficiency saving operation (DDR accesses are very energy intensive).

TE will only improve performance if your system is memory bandwidth limited (which is unlikely with the Galaxy S6 for simple test cases - it's a very fast device).

HTH,

Pete