This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SDK samples running on CPU instead of GPU

I have been opencl on the Odroid-XU3 board, this has an ARM big.LITTLE core and a Mali-T628.

I am trying to run the Rodinina Benchmarking Suite (Found here) on each core and the GPU separately. I have gotten the code working on each CPU using POCL. Now I moved over to running the benchmarks on the GPU and have ran into some problems.

I downloaded the Mali SDK onto the board and changed the CC and AR variables to point to the correct places in platform.mk - This means the samples will actually compile now.

The problem comes when I run the sample, sobel. Looking at the energy monitor application I can see a spike in the CPU wattage whenever I run sobel, and there is no change in the GPU. I have also tried to run the SDK on a board without POCL installed ( I thought this may have been causing the problem), when I do this sobel does not run, I get the error:

OpenCL error:Unknown error

Retrieving OpenCL platforms failed. common.cpp:233

Failed to create OpenCL context. sobel.cpp

And running clinfo reveals there are no OpenCL platforms to be found on this board. I have installed the drivers from here into /usr/lib

I also have the ocl icd installed.

Parents Reply Children