This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali 400 MP: help on debugging an application which is not rendering

Dear ARM Mali Graphics community,

I am trying to debug an application which is not rendering on my Mali 400 MP device.

The application is an example bundled with the android version of the VTK library, available on github. As discussed on the VTK mailing list, the issue seems to be related with the specific Mali 400 GPU. The same code is reported to run on a Mali 628 MP6 GPU.

I tried to analyze the mgd trace but, as discussed in my previous post, I find it hard to analyze it because of a lot of errors related to GLES30 calls by MGD that clutter the output of the debugger, so that it is difficult for me to say which errors are real and which aren't.

I realize that, it would be easier for you if I could provide you a self contained code (and not one based on a large library!). Unfortunately I cannot, so let me start asking you some preliminary questions:

1. looking at the mgd trace provided above, are you able to spot what the culprit may be?

2. in general, what could be the issues that prevent rendering on Mali 4XX of a code reported to be working fine on Mali 6XX?

Thank you,

Frank

Parents Reply Children
No data