This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

rendering two frames a time?

Hello,

I have an odroid xu3 board equipped with mali T628(MP6). I run an example called "simpletriangle" and profile the data through DS5. Mali gpu breaks up the scene into tiles and renders a tile(16*16) once a time. When running the example "simpletriangle", I notice that the pmu counter "tiles rendered" is strange. The screen resolution is 1280*720, and the number of tiles rendered should be 3600(1280 * 720 / 256), but DS5 shows the number is 7200(within one frame). So, the gpu renders two frames a time?

Parents
  • Hi seufanghao,

One way to check whether your composition step is being done on the GPU vs a hardware compositor, is by checking the following:

adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger | grep "h/w composer"

On my production Note4 i get:

h/w composer state:

h/w composer present and enabled

On my development Firefly board i get:

h/w composer state:

h/w composer not present and enabled

If it is not present and enabled, the GPU is likely doing the composition step, and that will most likely be why you are seeing the GPU rendering twice.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi seufanghao,

One way to check whether your composition step is being done on the GPU vs a hardware compositor, is by checking the following:

adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger | grep "h/w composer"

On my production Note4 i get:

h/w composer state:

h/w composer present and enabled

On my development Firefly board i get:

h/w composer state:

h/w composer not present and enabled

If it is not present and enabled, the GPU is likely doing the composition step, and that will most likely be why you are seeing the GPU rendering twice.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children
No data