This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

mali emulator 2.3 mali-cube error on debian

I have installed the mali emulator 2.3 on my debian 8 system.

When I run the mali-cube example this is the error i get. I am new to the emulator and graphics and hence unaware of why this error comes.

how can i fix this problem.

Error below:

mali-cube

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glActiveTexture -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glActiveTexture

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetString -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetString

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetError -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetError

Running: (null)

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glCreateShader -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glCreateShader

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetError -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetError

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glShaderSource -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glShaderSource

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glCompileShader -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glCompileShader

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetShaderiv -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetShaderiv

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetShaderiv -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetShaderiv

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetShaderSource -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetShaderSource

Debug source START:

Debug source END

FATAL - Exception thrown in GLES31Api::glGetShaderInfoLog -> FATAL: No EGL context available for type GLES31Api when calling glGetShaderInfoLog

Log START:

Log END

Compilation failed.

=========================================================================================================================

To give the diagnostics of my PC, i ran the cube-checker application.

This is the output highlights from the same:

Created At:

2016-01-08T18:00:40Z

Emulator Version:

Operating System:

Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u1 (2015-12-14) x86_64

--moc

Shader compiler found: Mali Compiler Manager v3.1.0

--gl

OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center

OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile

OpenGL Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

--environment

PATH=/usr/local/bin: /usr/bin: /bin: /usr/local/games: /usr/games

MALI_EMULATOR_COMPILER_MANAGER_PATH=/usr/lib/mali-opengl-es-emulator/openglessl/

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mali-opengl-es-emulator

--gles-and-egl

Loaded /usr/lib/mali-opengl-es-emulator/libEGL.so

Loaded /usr/lib/mali-opengl-es-emulator/libGLESv2.so

Regards

Yogesh

• Hi yogk,

Based on the information provided, this would be my first guess as to the problem:

User Guide:

In general, the Mali OpenGL ES Emulator will work on any system that supports at least:

• OpenGL 3.2 – when OpenGL ES 2.0 contexts are used

• OpenGL 3.3 – when OpenGL ES 3.0 contexts are used

• OpenGL 4.3 – when OpenGL ES 3.1 contexts are used

On all systems, up-to-date operating system components and graphics drivers are recommended.

Your Graphics card:

--gl

OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center

OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile

OpenGL Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

Your Graphics card seems to only support OpenGL 3.0.

As such, you cannot emulate OpenGL ES 2, 3 or 3.1 contexts, and that is the problem you are seeing.

The way to resolve this is first to look online to see if the hardware you have can run a later OpenGL version, and if that is the case, update your drivers and try again.

However if your hardware does not support this, then you will need to look at alternative hardware to run the emulator on.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh