This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to benefit from DMA in r6p0 using DRM + GPU?

Hi,

I own an odroid XU3 wich runs currently with the newest mali driver (r6p0) on ubuntu 15.01 without X.

I spend the last days in trying to pass the drm buffer using gbm into the mali gpu, until now with no success.

Problem is, that I'm not able to set up a renderable surface, I tried several extensions (MESA_GBM for example) but they all fail.

Can you pls. provide me with the information if its possible or not?

If it should be possible - are there any resources / samples where to look or the key?

Thanks!

Markus

Parents
  • Hi peak3d,

It doesnt look like the extension is supported based on your output.

To use eglCreateImageKHR API call, you need the extension EGL_KHR_image_base, which you have.

To use EGL_LINUX_DMA_BUF_EXT as the target in that API call, you need the extension EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import which I do not see in your list of supported extensions.

Values accepted for <target> are listed in Table aaa, below(fn1).
    (fn1) No values are defined by this extension. All functionality to create EGLImages from other types of resources, such as native pixmaps, GL textures, and VGImages, is layered in other extensions.

I hope that explains better why it is currently failing.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi peak3d,

It doesnt look like the extension is supported based on your output.

To use eglCreateImageKHR API call, you need the extension EGL_KHR_image_base, which you have.

To use EGL_LINUX_DMA_BUF_EXT as the target in that API call, you need the extension EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import which I do not see in your list of supported extensions.

Values accepted for <target> are listed in Table aaa, below(fn1).
    (fn1) No values are defined by this extension. All functionality to create EGLImages from other types of resources, such as native pixmaps, GL textures, and VGImages, is layered in other extensions.

I hope that explains better why it is currently failing.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children