This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Graphics Debugger with Ubuntu Touch - tiny feature request

Hi there,

Ubuntu Touch is an operating system for mobile devices. It is built on an Android kernel in order to use the closed-source graphics drivers.

It has been released on a Bq Aquaris, which has a Mali chip inside. I am interested in enabling this with the Mali Graphics Debugger tool.

I've managed to get it working (most reliably with an older version of MGD - 2.1.0, am having stability issues on the device when profiling with 3.2.0) but I have hit one minor but irritating issue: the Interceptor is unable to distinguish applications, so I cannot selectively profile just 1 application (say) by using processlist.cfg.

When I say "distinguish applications" I mean this is the output of the interceptor (using adb shell /system/bin/logcat | grep Interceptor):

I/mgd_interceptor(10605): (10608): Interceptor: TRACING: On

I/mgd_interceptor(10605): (10613): Interceptor: Capture mode set to 0

I/mgd_interceptor(10643): (10643): Interceptor: Interceptor loaded for 10643:

I/mgd_interceptor(10643): (10643): Interceptor: Activating tracing

Note that line 3 should have an android application name after the process id - but as Ubuntu touch is not using the android runtime/userland, it seems unable to identify the application name, and so there's no naming system I can use which is compatible with processlist.cfg.

So I get to my feature request: if the interceptor is unable to get an android application name for the traced process, can it fall-back to using the binary process name?

Many thanks for the excellent tool guys!

Kind regards

-Gerry Boland

Parents Reply Children