This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali t-760 GPU Architecture

Hi all,

I'm new on the group and I've started looking at the Mali architecture, so as to identify some optimization opportunities. I'm looking at issues on control/memory divergency, memory coalescing. I'm looking at the T-760 GPU but I'm having some problems in acquiring information (manuals, specs, etc.) we need for the work. Are there detailed architecture and compiler manuals which are no available through the usual ARM channels?

For example, I'd like to get answers to questions like "Which register allocation algorithm the T-760 compiler uses (if any :-)? Does it supports divergence based register allocation?". Only the compiler designers of ARM have answers to this?  Is this sensitive information for ARM ?

Answers to these questions are very important for us, as it can save a lot of time (months) exploring things which might already be in the compiler, or even help deciding that some optimizations is worth pursuing.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • > Are there detailed architecture and compiler manuals which are no available through the usual ARM channels?

> For example, I'd like to get answers to questions like "Which register allocation algorithm the T-760 compiler uses (if any :-)? Does it supports divergence based register allocation?". Only the compiler designers of ARM have answers to this?  Is this sensitive information for ARM ?

Nothing at the level of detail you are asking about is available publicly, sorry. If you are a licensee please raise via the ARM support team and your usual commercial contact.

Kind regards,

Pete

• > Are there detailed architecture and compiler manuals which are no available through the usual ARM channels?

> For example, I'd like to get answers to questions like "Which register allocation algorithm the T-760 compiler uses (if any :-)? Does it supports divergence based register allocation?". Only the compiler designers of ARM have answers to this?  Is this sensitive information for ARM ?

Nothing at the level of detail you are asking about is available publicly, sorry. If you are a licensee please raise via the ARM support team and your usual commercial contact.

Kind regards,

Pete

Children
No data