This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Symbols for mali 2.2.1

Greetings,

I'm currently researching performance issues with Mali 2.2.1 under Windows 7. I've found out that the application spends an unnaturally long time inside the Mali library but to do deeper research I would need a pbd debug symbol file for the libraries. Is it possible to receive such files?

Regards

Parents
  • Hi tomgerard,

Please confirm what do you mean by 'Mali 2.2.1' as we have a large number of Mali branded products and tools, all with different versions.

The closest and most educated guess would be the Mali OpenGL ES Emulator. Is this correct? (http://malideveloper.arm.com/resources/tools/opengl-es-emulator/)

Can you please explain your problem with more detail? Are you suggesting that you are trying to run performance analysis of your application, but you are running it on windows using the emulator?

If this is true, then I strongly advise against this, as it is just an emulator designed to develop and test applications. Performance analysis should be done with real world hardware, as that way you can start optimising for the whole system in mind.

Also, which performance analysis tools are you using?

If you can explain the problem and provide us with more information, we may be able to help you resolve this issue more effectively.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi tomgerard,

Please confirm what do you mean by 'Mali 2.2.1' as we have a large number of Mali branded products and tools, all with different versions.

The closest and most educated guess would be the Mali OpenGL ES Emulator. Is this correct? (http://malideveloper.arm.com/resources/tools/opengl-es-emulator/)

Can you please explain your problem with more detail? Are you suggesting that you are trying to run performance analysis of your application, but you are running it on windows using the emulator?

If this is true, then I strongly advise against this, as it is just an emulator designed to develop and test applications. Performance analysis should be done with real world hardware, as that way you can start optimising for the whole system in mind.

Also, which performance analysis tools are you using?

If you can explain the problem and provide us with more information, we may be able to help you resolve this issue more effectively.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children
No data