This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Optimize for Thermal

Hi,

I'd like to know ways to profile for thermal. Our game performance is reasonable in a S6 but it overheats in a fews minutes. Is there an api to trottle CPU/GPU or a tool to profile the operations that are contributing more to overheat.

Parents
  • Hi mcgeagh and peterharris,

Thanks for this insightful reply. +1 for the reference to the optimisation guide.

Just out of curiosity.

1) Oculus VR api allows to set cpu/gpu levels. How does it do?
    2) As long as I use mipmapping, texture resolution won't matter for bandwidth ok? (since the lower resolution mips will account to improve memory access locality). The problem with large texture would be the space they would take in VRAM memory. is that correct?

• Hi mcgeagh and peterharris,

Thanks for this insightful reply. +1 for the reference to the optimisation guide.

Just out of curiosity.

1) Oculus VR api allows to set cpu/gpu levels. How does it do?
    2) As long as I use mipmapping, texture resolution won't matter for bandwidth ok? (since the lower resolution mips will account to improve memory access locality). The problem with large texture would be the space they would take in VRAM memory. is that correct?

Children