This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Vulkan] [Mali-G77] Tile based rendering issue in Mali G77?

Hi, I have a simple test running in Vulkan. It initialized a 32x32 render target with some colors, then draw a single triangle on top of it. So the expected result, run on Mali-G76 (Samsung S10):

But on Mali-G77 (Samsung Galaxy S20), the result is like this:

Also tried replaying the Mali-G76 RenderDoc capture on G77, seeing the same blocks issue.

This seems only happen in Mali-G77, and the tile size of G77 is 16x16, which match the black block on the above result, and the phone updated to the latest Android version (as March 20, 2023). Anyone knows what could possibly cause this?

Parents
  • Hi DT,

Could you please check what driver version you have on your S20 there? An easy way is to got to about://gpu in Chrome and read off the GL_VERSION string. I'm guessing you're most likely on either r32p1 or r38p1, but it could also be an older r26p0 driver.

Also, would it be possible to share either the reproducer APK or the RenderDoc capture with us? If so please send us an email over at developer@arm.com and we'll have a look at it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Christian

• Hi DT,

Could you please check what driver version you have on your S20 there? An easy way is to got to about://gpu in Chrome and read off the GL_VERSION string. I'm guessing you're most likely on either r32p1 or r38p1, but it could also be an older r26p0 driver.

Also, would it be possible to share either the reproducer APK or the RenderDoc capture with us? If so please send us an email over at developer@arm.com and we'll have a look at it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Christian

Children