This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

About 'Mali External Bus Stalls' chart in Streamline

Hi guys,

May I know more details about 'read stall cycles' and 'write stall cycles' in Mali External Bus Stalls chart in streamline cature?

For my games, I always have write stall cycles significantly larger than read stall cycles.

Can someone tell me more about the Mali External Bus Stalls chart? Even if it's not a profiling issue, I'm curious as an intellectual curiosity :)

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Jinho, 

These counters report the number of cycles where the GPU is getting back-pressure from the memory bus (i.e. GPU has data and is trying to write, but the down-stream memory bus says "not ready").

Write stalls are common for mid and large-sized GPU configurations rendering render passes with low content complexity. In this scenario you will have many shader cores trying to write completed pixels concurrently and the down-stream memory system can't keep up with the rate that the shader cores can complete pixels.

Kind regards, 
    Pete

• Hi Jinho, 

These counters report the number of cycles where the GPU is getting back-pressure from the memory bus (i.e. GPU has data and is trying to write, but the down-stream memory bus says "not ready").

Write stalls are common for mid and large-sized GPU configurations rendering render passes with low content complexity. In this scenario you will have many shader cores trying to write completed pixels concurrently and the down-stream memory system can't keep up with the rate that the shader cores can complete pixels.

Kind regards, 
    Pete

Children