This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali-470 mp3 vs Mali-G52 mp2

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out which GPU have the best performance between the Mali-470 mp3 and the Mali-G52 mp2.

Actually I hardly know anything (almost nothing) about Mali GPU (which are ARM based GPU I guess, correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm looking to buy a Smart TV for my aunt.

I found 2 televisions that fit what she needs, and in fact it's almost the same model with a slight difference: the GPU !

Also, if ever you have time, a little explanation about why one is better than the other would be welcome ;)

Thanks for reading my message and have a good day.

PS: The 2 TV model I'm looking at are Xiaomi P1 and Xiaomi P1E if ever you're wondering.

Parents
  • Mali-G52 is a much newer GPU which does 2 pixels per clock per core, so a 2 core Mali-G52 (total of 4 pixels per clock) would be faster than a 3 core Mali-470 (3 pixels per clock). At the same clock speed Mali-G52 will have more arithmetic performance, more texturing performance, and more fill rate. The GPU clock frequency for these devices is an unknown however, so YMMV in practice, as the Mali-G52 might be clocked more slowly. 

In reality both of these are perfectly fine GPUs for the type of 2D compositing and user interface workloads you will find on a smart TV, so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Mali-G52 is a much newer GPU which does 2 pixels per clock per core, so a 2 core Mali-G52 (total of 4 pixels per clock) would be faster than a 3 core Mali-470 (3 pixels per clock). At the same clock speed Mali-G52 will have more arithmetic performance, more texturing performance, and more fill rate. The GPU clock frequency for these devices is an unknown however, so YMMV in practice, as the Mali-G52 might be clocked more slowly. 

In reality both of these are perfectly fine GPUs for the type of 2D compositing and user interface workloads you will find on a smart TV, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Children