This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

glCompileShader taking a long time

Hello.

I am working on a game and one of the device (Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) with gpu Mali-400MP4, android version 4.0.4) is displaying problems while trying to compile one of the shaders. The gl call glCompileShader takes exceptionally long time for this shader (20+seconds). It is not a necessarily a big complicated shader and I am attaching the source file here. I have tried experimenting with changing the sahders and the compile time does go down if I start taking out instructions but even a simple acceptable shader for the game is taking 5-10 seconds to compile depending on the features. Unfortunately I have hit a wall while trying to figure out exactly which instruction is causing this issue and am not getting anywhere. Since it doesnt technically crash I get no information from glGetShaderInfoLog. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

PS - I am not seeing this issue on most of the other devices. I also trying using the offline compiler but I ran into other issues like the compiled shader would not link complaining (L0101 All attached shaders must be compiled prior to linking).

shaderGlsl.frag.zip
Parents Reply Children