This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OpenCL support for Mali-T628 MP6 on Arndale Octa?

Summary

Is OpenCL support for the Mali-T628 (for example as found in the Exynos 5420 SoC on the Arndale Octa board) available? If so, how to set it up?

More details

According to the vendor, OpenCL should be supported, but the Arndale Octa Wiki does not state how this can be achieved.

I am using the latest Linaro developer build and installed Mali drivers that contain OpenCL libraries for Mali T604. According to this guide, the driver actually contains references to the Mali T628. So I tried to create the udev rule as specified, which is supposed to solve a permission problem with /dev/mali0, but I found that there is no /dev/mali0 on my installation at all. So my conclusion is that the driver indeed does not support T628.

When I execute a clinfo utility, clGetDeviceInfo returns CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY for some device properties. Why can I query the GPU for some characteristics, but does this fail for some others? When running a normal application, the same error appears when trying to create an OpenCL Context.

I was surprised to find this topic, where yoshi seems to have OpenCL working and can run benchmarks on his Arndale Octa board. How is this possible if there is no driver available? Or am I just missing something? I hope that you can help me to also establish a working OpenCL development environment.

Parents
  • Hi bramv,

I've not been able to look into this a huge amount for you unfortunately.

I was able to compile your code and run it on an Odroid X-U3 which is running a very similar SoC and I didn't see performance numbers anywhere near what you see, they are somewhat better.  I can only assume this is a BSP issue, but I haven't had an Arndale Octa at hand to create my own BSP and test.

I will try and investigate at this end when I get the opportunity ,

Rich

• Hi bramv,

I've not been able to look into this a huge amount for you unfortunately.

I was able to compile your code and run it on an Odroid X-U3 which is running a very similar SoC and I didn't see performance numbers anywhere near what you see, they are somewhat better.  I can only assume this is a BSP issue, but I haven't had an Arndale Octa at hand to create my own BSP and test.

I will try and investigate at this end when I get the opportunity ,

Rich

Children
No data