This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DirectFB Support

Note: This was originally posted on 1st December 2011 at http://forums.arm.com

Hello.

I am not an expert on this field but I'm doing my best to learn about it. I have several questions regarding the ARM Mali 400 GPU, the Mali-VE6 and the NEON coprocessor.

I need to develop a SoC using an ARM processor (could be the A8 or the A9) and I need to comply with some software requirements. The most important one is DirectFB support.

I was wondering if the Mali 400 offers DirectFB HW acceleration. If not, do you know if the DirectFB library works without HW acceleration?

Also, I have a very basic question regaring how the Mali 400 and the Mali-VE6 work together. Suppose I am decoding a H264 video using the Mali-VE6 and at the same time I'm rendering some openGL stuff using the Mali 400 GPU. If I want to see the combined result of this processes on the same screen, how I am supposed to combine this inside the SoC. What kind of HW do I need for that?

Thank you in advance.
Gonzalo.

P.S: If you have any reference to keep reading about this subjet (graphics architecture on SoCs - specially ARM) I would really appreciate it.
Parents Reply Children
No data