This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unity MSAA x2 x4 Perfomance on Mobile. Calculate MS

Hello,

New question,

I have watched many videos and read documentation about MSAA on Unity/Mobile. Nordeus and other ARM tech talk said that is virtually free on Arm Mali.

Im trying to profile that, on Snapdragon profiler MSAA is not virtually Free and eat around  2-3 MS for 2x and 4 - 6 MS for 4x on my target device.

Now I can't get a correct profile time on MALI GPU, I have tried Systrace, RenderDoc and MaliGraphic Profiler, the issue is that the game run at 60 fps so all those 3 profiler give me the current 16.6 ms but not the actual time it took to render the frame.

Im trying to calculate surface time using sys trace but I'm not getting correct MS, for NO MSAA, 2X MSAA and  4X MSAA im getting around 12 MS, so is virtually Free, just to check the result I changed my game resolution to less than half 720p, I expected  6MS reduction but im still getting 12 MS, so again im getting the 16 Ms Unity choreography I suppose.

The same test using Snapdragon profile gave me the expected values. of course on snapdragon chipset.
Im also getting correct values on Xcode GPU profile.

So my question, how can I get the correct MS value from Mali GPU if the game is already running  faster than the limit 60 fps??