This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Utgard Linux driver - supported kernel versions?

Dear all,

I'm having hard time compiling Mali Utgard linux driver against mainline 4.16 kernel. Because I'm using meta-xilinx yocto layer, r8p0-01rel0 version of driver is being built. The trick here is that Xilinx assumes that their default kernel (based on 4.14, not 4.16) is used. One of the compilation errors says:

driver/src/devicedrv/mali/linux/mali_osk_timers.c:30:17: error: implicit declaration of function 'init_timer'; did you mean 'init_timers'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

In fact, init_timer() was removed from include/kernel/timer.h with kernel version 4.15 (as it was called "ancient" in commit description)

After checking newest driver version (r9p0-01rel0), to my surprise, the contents of driver/src/devicedrv/mali/linux/mali_osk_timers.c are identical near line 30. Does that mean that Utgard drivers are not meant to be compiled against kernels newer than 4.14? What are actual kernel versions I can compile this driver against? I don't see it specified in any readme/pdf in driver source code nor ARM site.

Kind Regards,

BOsiński