Could I use Cortex-A for embedded applications?

I need a little digital io for my project since cortex-m is not economical for me I need to know can i use Cortex-a to do some embedded jobs?

Parents
  • Yes you can do. Why not? But you need to connect external RAM and Flash-Memory. The evaluation-process needs much longer and is not trivial.

You just have to find a Version that has the Periphials needed by your Project.

Btw.: The Periphials are "Vendor"-made. For example the AMlogic S905 has no SPI, While Broadcom BCM2837 has(both are Cortex-A53).  But thats the same for the Cortex-M-series.

Why is a cortex-M not economical? Consider the costs for RAM and Flash-Memory. And design & layout a DDR-RAM-Interface is not that easy .

• Yes you can do. Why not? But you need to connect external RAM and Flash-Memory. The evaluation-process needs much longer and is not trivial.

You just have to find a Version that has the Periphials needed by your Project.

Btw.: The Periphials are "Vendor"-made. For example the AMlogic S905 has no SPI, While Broadcom BCM2837 has(both are Cortex-A53).  But thats the same for the Cortex-M-series.

Why is a cortex-M not economical? Consider the costs for RAM and Flash-Memory. And design & layout a DDR-RAM-Interface is not that easy .

Children