Audio Amplification using microcontroller???

Former Member
Former Member

Hi everyone!!! i'm new to STM32f4. i was wondering if this microcontroller can amplify an input analog signal through audio jack i.e an audio signal and produce amplified voltage at any gpio pin...

Parents
  • Hi

Yes you can do it ....

All you need to do is to think outside the Box....

Yes you can do it by using the ADC12 to sample the audio signal and outputting the sampled data using the timer as PWM signal generator to drive a Mosfet H bridge

By driving the 1/2 H bridge using a PWM signal you will create a class D power amplifier and depend on the Mosfet used,drive voltage and current you can produce many watt of power and by multiplying the sampled data by a factor you can provide digital volume control all done in software.

When setting the timer for producing the PWM signal remember to use a dual phase output with dead time in between pulse(phase) other wise the Mosfet will burn to the steak....

Use the STM32F4 timer1 as he capable to best do the work.

Yuval I

Arm Microcontroller expert

• Hi

Yes you can do it ....

All you need to do is to think outside the Box....

Yes you can do it by using the ADC12 to sample the audio signal and outputting the sampled data using the timer as PWM signal generator to drive a Mosfet H bridge

By driving the 1/2 H bridge using a PWM signal you will create a class D power amplifier and depend on the Mosfet used,drive voltage and current you can produce many watt of power and by multiplying the sampled data by a factor you can provide digital volume control all done in software.

When setting the timer for producing the PWM signal remember to use a dual phase output with dead time in between pulse(phase) other wise the Mosfet will burn to the steak....

Use the STM32F4 timer1 as he capable to best do the work.

Yuval I

Arm Microcontroller expert

Children
No data