Measurement of square wave frequency using Arduino due

Dear Friends

I am very new to Embedded World especially Arduino and ARM micro controllers. I need to  measure square wave freq upto 8 Mhz using arduino. Can any one guide me in this regard.... Now I am able to measure upto 110 KHz. Here I am posting some results.

freq_result_2316.txt.zip
Parents
  • You don't say how you are trying to measure this frequency, but based upon 110kHz being your limit, I assume you are trying to do this using only the CPU.

You should be able to sample significantly higher frequencies by wiring your signal into the clock input of one of the Timer Counter blocks present on the Arduino Due's Atmel AT91SAM3X8E, and then using the CPU to periodically sample the accumulated count value, e.g. have the SysTick timer fire every 10th of a second, have the CPU read the Timer Counter value, subtract the previous value, and simply multiply it by 10 to get Hz.

hth

Simon.

• You don't say how you are trying to measure this frequency, but based upon 110kHz being your limit, I assume you are trying to do this using only the CPU.

You should be able to sample significantly higher frequencies by wiring your signal into the clock input of one of the Timer Counter blocks present on the Arduino Due's Atmel AT91SAM3X8E, and then using the CPU to periodically sample the accumulated count value, e.g. have the SysTick timer fire every 10th of a second, have the CPU read the Timer Counter value, subtract the previous value, and simply multiply it by 10 to get Hz.

hth

Simon.

Children