Which ARM development board I should buy?

Hi all,

I have to be pleased to be a member of ARM community, because of ARM popularity.

I am in embedded software development for the last 20 years. Mostly I have done programming for TI TMS320xxx processors C/C++/assembly, and PowerPC C/C++. Now I have to learn programming for embedded software development for ARM processors. So I need to buy an ARM development board to do programming at home. Please tell me which SDK I should buy? Also any good book(s)?

To be a professional in ARM processor programming, do I need to learn ARM assembly language?

Babuddin

Parents
  • If you are looking at Cortex M (Embedded) family then you have plenty of manufacturers to choose from.

ST-Microelectronics (STM32), NXP (LPC or Kinetis), Atmel (SAM), Cypress (PSoC4/5) etc.

These manufacturers also offer their own free software development tools.

If its cortex A (Applications Processor for Linux/Android) then NXP or Atmel have interesting products but you may also want to consider a System on Module.

• If you are looking at Cortex M (Embedded) family then you have plenty of manufacturers to choose from.

ST-Microelectronics (STM32), NXP (LPC or Kinetis), Atmel (SAM), Cypress (PSoC4/5) etc.

These manufacturers also offer their own free software development tools.

If its cortex A (Applications Processor for Linux/Android) then NXP or Atmel have interesting products but you may also want to consider a System on Module.

Children
No data