Which ARM development board I should buy?

Hi all,

I have to be pleased to be a member of ARM community, because of ARM popularity.

I am in embedded software development for the last 20 years. Mostly I have done programming for TI TMS320xxx processors C/C++/assembly, and PowerPC C/C++. Now I have to learn programming for embedded software development for ARM processors. So I need to buy an ARM development board to do programming at home. Please tell me which SDK I should buy? Also any good book(s)?

To be a professional in ARM processor programming, do I need to learn ARM assembly language?

Babuddin

Parents
  • There are quite a few starter and hobby development kits to start from.  Almost too many choices as this may be your question.  The Beaglebone boards and Raspberry PI boards also seem to be inexpensive and good places to start.

The real question may be what OS you're planning to run, which will lead you to select a development board that has the BSP you will need for some of these too.

• There are quite a few starter and hobby development kits to start from.  Almost too many choices as this may be your question.  The Beaglebone boards and Raspberry PI boards also seem to be inexpensive and good places to start.

The real question may be what OS you're planning to run, which will lead you to select a development board that has the BSP you will need for some of these too.

Children