GIC-v3&4: Regarding the Acknowledge Register

Hi all,

I need some clarification related to acknowledge register in GICv3&4 document.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.13.11 GICC_IAR, CPU Interface Interrupt Acknowledge Register:

-->In GIC implementations that support two Security states, if the highest priority pending interrupt is

in Group 0, Non-secure reads return the special INTID 1023.

-->In GIC implementations that support two Security states, if the highest priority pending interrupt is

in Group 1, Secure reads return the special INTID 1022.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

highest pending priority interrupt -- HPPI (abbreviated by me for convenience).

Group 0 -- G0

Group 1 -- G1

Doubt:

In the above given statements it is said that if HPPI is G1, secure read returns INTID 1022..

Q1) If HPPI is G1 and if Non-Secure read is made to register, Does this register(GICC_IAR) return the valid INTID..?

Q2) If answer is YES to above question then, in what scenario do we use GICC_AIAR register.?

Page - 531

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.13.4 GICC_AIAR, CPU Interface Aliased Interrupt Acknowledge Register

The GICC_AIAR characteristics are:

Purpose

Provides the INTID of the signaled Group 1 interrupt. A read of this register by the PE acts as an

acknowledge for the interrupt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In document it is mentioned that we can access this register either in secure/Non-Secure mode.

Q3)  Does this register return valid INTID on accessing it through Secure read

Above mentioned questions are as per my understanding, please correct me if i am wrong.

I will be very happy if you can give me clear explanation related this register operation.

Thanks,

Rakesh.