How to access the memory mapped debug registers?

Now that the funny PABT-behaviour is found to be (probably) caused ny debug state, I'd like to exit debug state before return from PABT exception. The ARM v7-A/R ARM says that I should write RRQ to DBGDRCR, but it seems that in Cortex-A7 it's not accessible via CP14.

It should be accessible via memory-mapped registers, and the manual gives the offset, but offset from what?

I understood that the register offset is the register number multiplied by four, so for DBGDRCR the offset would be 36*4 = 144 (0x90).

In the TRM it says:

Table 10-26 Address mapping for debug trace components

Address range Componenta

0x00000 - 0x00FFF ROM table

0x01000 - 0x0FFFF Reserved

0x10000 - 0x10FFF CPU 0 Debug

0x11000 - 0x11FFF CPU 0 PMU

0x12000 - 0x12FFF CPU 1 Debug

0x13000 - 0x13FFF CPU 1 PMU

0x14000 - 0x14FFF CPU 2 Debug

0x15000 - 0x15FFF CPU 2 PMU

0x16000 - 0x16FFF CPU 3 debug

Are these too offsets from somewhere, or absolute addresses?

Do I write to DBGDRCR by just writing the value into address 0x100090 (core 0, assuming not locked)?

Or do I need to calculate the register address from the contents of DBGDRAR?

And what's the ROM table?

Parents
  • Thanks. I started hunting for the info, and found out that the thing should start with reading the DBGDRAR (Debug ROM Address Register) then

Read the ROM Table entry for the component, and extract the Address offset for the component. The Address

offset is bits [31:12] of the ROM Table entry

Now the thing is figuring out how to identify the right component. I haven't found any explanations of what kind of things are the 'components'. Is core 0 a component? And core 1 another component? How about peripherals? And Devices?

I guess I should find '0x9' (CoreSight compliant debug component) in the 'class'-field of component ID register of the right component?

And 'continuation code' (used as designer ID) 0x4 and identity code of 3B in the JEP-106 field of the 'conceptual 64-bit peripheral ID register'? And DBGDIDR version-field should be 0b0101 (ARMv7, v7.1 Debug architecture)?

Quite a mess just to exit the debug state.

Are there descriptions for other possible values in those fields and their meanings?

• Thanks. I started hunting for the info, and found out that the thing should start with reading the DBGDRAR (Debug ROM Address Register) then

Read the ROM Table entry for the component, and extract the Address offset for the component. The Address

offset is bits [31:12] of the ROM Table entry

Now the thing is figuring out how to identify the right component. I haven't found any explanations of what kind of things are the 'components'. Is core 0 a component? And core 1 another component? How about peripherals? And Devices?

I guess I should find '0x9' (CoreSight compliant debug component) in the 'class'-field of component ID register of the right component?

And 'continuation code' (used as designer ID) 0x4 and identity code of 3B in the JEP-106 field of the 'conceptual 64-bit peripheral ID register'? And DBGDIDR version-field should be 0b0101 (ARMv7, v7.1 Debug architecture)?

Quite a mess just to exit the debug state.

Are there descriptions for other possible values in those fields and their meanings?

Children
No data