will cortex m3/m4 enter a lockup mode if a serious fault happened while FAULTMASK is set

Greetings,,

what happens if FAULTMASK is set in cortex-m3/m4 and one or more serious fault happened like bus fault, MPU violation, invalid instruction, stack corruption.. etc will the processor enter a lockup? if not what would be the status of the processor? what will happen to the currently executed program/code.. since HardFault handler is not executed to remedy the issue.. if you can elaborate and give as much explanation and details as possible and if you can share some cases and examples it would be very appreciated..

Thank you..

Parents
  • Greetings yasuhikokoumoto , jyiu

Thank you for your helpful comments.. I really apprechiate it..

jyiu I'd like to take this chance to thank you for your amazing book.. and the effort you have put in it..

I'm using your book to study for the AAME Exam wish me luck

However, a software need to handle FAULTMASK carefully as this block the HardFault handling.

So if things go wrong, it could end up with LOCKUP:

- Invalid instruction -> LOCKUP

I'd love to see this lockup case documented in later revision of the book (12.7.1 What is Lockup?) .. Also I don't know if it's mentioned in the ARMv7 ARM if it's not,, it would be great to have it there also..

Thank you again both for your time, effort and your helpful comments

Best Regards,,

Mustafa S.

• Greetings yasuhikokoumoto , jyiu

Thank you for your helpful comments.. I really apprechiate it..

jyiu I'd like to take this chance to thank you for your amazing book.. and the effort you have put in it..

I'm using your book to study for the AAME Exam wish me luck

However, a software need to handle FAULTMASK carefully as this block the HardFault handling.

So if things go wrong, it could end up with LOCKUP:

- Invalid instruction -> LOCKUP

I'd love to see this lockup case documented in later revision of the book (12.7.1 What is Lockup?) .. Also I don't know if it's mentioned in the ARMv7 ARM if it's not,, it would be great to have it there also..

Thank you again both for your time, effort and your helpful comments

Best Regards,,

Mustafa S.

Children
No data