Is CMX-RTX a thread-based RTOS?

I am maintaining a 10 yo project which uses ARM9 based STR912 and CMX-RTX as its RTOS.

The CMX-RTX manual is basically an extraction of the header files without much details. There is even not any introduction of the RTOS methodology at all. It lists all the task functions. I know some of the thread-based RTOS use tasks to refer to actual threads. You can figure that out from its document. But I can't get that conclusion of CMX-RTX. The more I look at it, it more seems to be non-thread, but tasks. I am a little surprised an embedded OS does not have threads.

I will appreciate if anyone can clarify this.

Jim

Parents
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. 

CMX used be an OK choice of RTOS vendor for ARM-based processors. So I think it is related, though not directly part of the ARM design.

Unfortunately, the links you provided do not lead to any useful information as I went thru them before. Their web is very out of style which suggests they have not been updating it for a while (10 years?). There is a person taking message when you call, but nobody answers any tech question, except a salesperson calls back with strange questions.

In our new ARM-Cortex based platforms, we already switched to other popular RTOS. Unfortunately, our legacy ARM9 based products stuck with CMX-RTX.

Regards,

Jianbai

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. 

CMX used be an OK choice of RTOS vendor for ARM-based processors. So I think it is related, though not directly part of the ARM design.

Unfortunately, the links you provided do not lead to any useful information as I went thru them before. Their web is very out of style which suggests they have not been updating it for a while (10 years?). There is a person taking message when you call, but nobody answers any tech question, except a salesperson calls back with strange questions.

In our new ARM-Cortex based platforms, we already switched to other popular RTOS. Unfortunately, our legacy ARM9 based products stuck with CMX-RTX.

Regards,

Jianbai

Children
No data