Does anyone have instructions for how to setup for developing ARM based applications on OS X?

I am interested in learning the ARM system and embedded programming but exclusively use a MAC with OS X.  Does anyone have or know of how to get and IDE set up and running on OS X?

Parents
  • Hi albanrampon sorry for not being here for a while.

Before I start, I'd like to ask you imgwstarr, are you using an intel based Mac or a PowerPC based Mac ?

If you have a PowerPC based Mac, I might be able to throw together an entire installer (I've prepared it already); it consists of git, GCC, GDB and the latest OpenOCD 0.8.0.

-But I could also guide you through building the entire systems yourself; this will probably be required if you're using an intel-based Mac, since I do not have access to one.

• Hi albanrampon sorry for not being here for a while.

Before I start, I'd like to ask you imgwstarr, are you using an intel based Mac or a PowerPC based Mac ?

If you have a PowerPC based Mac, I might be able to throw together an entire installer (I've prepared it already); it consists of git, GCC, GDB and the latest OpenOCD 0.8.0.

-But I could also guide you through building the entire systems yourself; this will probably be required if you're using an intel-based Mac, since I do not have access to one.

Children