This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How it is possible to use DStream for debugging all trusted firmware on Juno R2?

Hello, 

I have generated a fip.bin with BL1, BL2, tspd, BL31 (my own secure trusted fw), BL33. My goal is to be able to load all the fw and put a breakpoint an a specified address of my BL32 without changing the release code witch means, without introducing the spin on flag in BL31 to charge BL32 with debuger.

Any help is welcome. 

Thanks

• Yes you can do this. From experience, I think the two main issues I'd mention are:

1) TF means debugging across ELs.
    Make sure you load symbols with DS-5's postfix than indicates the EL they belong to - so all your symbols coexist at the right EL. So for example:
    add-symbol-file "arm-tf/build/juno/debug/bl31.axf" EL3:0x0
    But probably:
    add-symbol-file "arm-tf/build/juno/debug/myTEE.axf" EL1S:0x0
    By default the debugger simply loads symbols with current EL/context.

2) Explicitly use HW breakpoints (hbreak)
    Software breakpoints rely on modifying memory and you have to be carefull about making sure the run time code has actually been copied into memory with TF. Using hardware breakpoints means you have to worry about this a lot less.

Hope that helps. If you have specific DS-5 questions community.arm.com/.../ is probably the best place to ask.