This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OPTEE 2.0 tee-supplicant issue

Hi experts,

Today I was trying to use the latest OPTEE version to replace my previous one (v1.1.0) on my Juno board and I met one issue about tee-supplicant.

I used the initialization script from ashwildingarm 's post with the choice "Juno, latest, openembedded".

Now I have booted up my board with the new system.
I could successfully run the command modprobe optee_armtz while I got the error -sh: tee-supplicant: command not found when I was trying to use the command tee-supplicant &.

Is there anything I missed for running tee-supplicant?

By the way, now I'm following the instruction of optee_test for running TA.
If you have any other document about running a TA / xtest on latest OPTEE, please let me know so I could check the document by myself.

Thank you.

Simon

Parents
  • Hi Simon,

It's been a while since Iast did this so some of this may be outdated, but please find my notes below for running the OP-TEE Hello World example TA found in this GitHub repository, hopefully this will help you identify any steps you may be missing for running your own TA (note how we build tee-supplicant and copy it to the board, then run it).

1) Use the workspace script to sync a new build-from-source Juno lsk-4.4-armlt + OpenEmbedded LAMP workspace

1) Boot the Juno to the OpenEmbedded LAMP terminal prompt and get its IP address using ifconfig

2) Execute the following commands on your host Linux computer:

$ export HOST_CROSS_COMPILE=<workspace>/tools/gcc/gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

$ export TA_CROSS_COMPILE=<workspace>/tools/gcc/gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

$ export TEEC_EXPORT=<workspace>/optee/optee_client/out/export

$ export TA_DEV_KIT_DIR=<workspace>/optee/optee_os/out/arm-plat-vexpress/export-ta_arm32

$ cd <workspace>/optee

$ git clone https://github.com/jenswi-linaro/lcu14_optee_hello_world

$ cd lcu14_optee_hello_world/

$ make

$ scp host/hello_world root@<juno_ip_address>:~

$ find -name "*.ta" -exec scp {} root@<juno_ip_address>:~ \;

$ cd <workspace>/optee/optee_client/out

$ tar zcf export.tar.gz export/

$ scp export.tar.gz root@<juno_ip_address>:~

$ cd <workspace>/optee/optee_linuxdriver/

$ find -name "*.ko" -exec scp {} root@<juno_ip_address>:~ \;

3) Execute the following commands from your Juno OpenEmbedded LAMP terminal prompt:

# mkdir -p /lib/teetz/    <-- Note: I *think* this is actually supposed to be /lib/optee_armtz/ but my notes are outdated

# mv *.ta /lib/teetz/     <-- Same as above, I think you need to change this to /lib/optee_armtz/

# insmod optee.ko         <-- You may not actually need to insmod this

# insmod optee_armtz.ko   <-- Same as above, you may not actually need to insmod this

# tar xzf export.tar.gz

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/export/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# ./export/bin/tee-supplicant &

# ./hello_world

And you should see this printed:

Invoking TA to increment 42

TA incremented value to 43

Which shows that the Trusted Application (TA) is working.

Hope that helps!

• Hi Simon,

It's been a while since Iast did this so some of this may be outdated, but please find my notes below for running the OP-TEE Hello World example TA found in this GitHub repository, hopefully this will help you identify any steps you may be missing for running your own TA (note how we build tee-supplicant and copy it to the board, then run it).

1) Use the workspace script to sync a new build-from-source Juno lsk-4.4-armlt + OpenEmbedded LAMP workspace

1) Boot the Juno to the OpenEmbedded LAMP terminal prompt and get its IP address using ifconfig

2) Execute the following commands on your host Linux computer:

$ export HOST_CROSS_COMPILE=<workspace>/tools/gcc/gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

$ export TA_CROSS_COMPILE=<workspace>/tools/gcc/gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

$ export TEEC_EXPORT=<workspace>/optee/optee_client/out/export

$ export TA_DEV_KIT_DIR=<workspace>/optee/optee_os/out/arm-plat-vexpress/export-ta_arm32

$ cd <workspace>/optee

$ git clone https://github.com/jenswi-linaro/lcu14_optee_hello_world

$ cd lcu14_optee_hello_world/

$ make

$ scp host/hello_world root@<juno_ip_address>:~

$ find -name "*.ta" -exec scp {} root@<juno_ip_address>:~ \;

$ cd <workspace>/optee/optee_client/out

$ tar zcf export.tar.gz export/

$ scp export.tar.gz root@<juno_ip_address>:~

$ cd <workspace>/optee/optee_linuxdriver/

$ find -name "*.ko" -exec scp {} root@<juno_ip_address>:~ \;

3) Execute the following commands from your Juno OpenEmbedded LAMP terminal prompt:

# mkdir -p /lib/teetz/    <-- Note: I *think* this is actually supposed to be /lib/optee_armtz/ but my notes are outdated

# mv *.ta /lib/teetz/     <-- Same as above, I think you need to change this to /lib/optee_armtz/

# insmod optee.ko         <-- You may not actually need to insmod this

# insmod optee_armtz.ko   <-- Same as above, you may not actually need to insmod this

# tar xzf export.tar.gz

# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/export/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# ./export/bin/tee-supplicant &

# ./hello_world

And you should see this printed:

Invoking TA to increment 42

TA incremented value to 43

Which shows that the Trusted Application (TA) is working.

Hope that helps!

Children