This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cannot connect third-party JTAG Debugger to Juno-r1

Hi Experts,

I am trying to connect a third-party JTAG Debugger(Yokogawa Digital Computer adviceLUNA) to Juno-r1 Board.

When using the firmware provided from Recovery-CD, the debugger is connected to Juno.
But when using the firmware builded 15.12 LSK with DEBUG options,
I can't connect in spite of same procedure and environment.

According to a error message showed by the debugger, the debugger fails to access to the Mem-AP's TAR register.

What should I confirm to connect  adviceLUNA to Juno-r1 Board?

Best regards.

Parents
  • Hello,

The fact that it works with the firmware from the recovery CD but not with the latest release suggests that this is caused by CPUIdle, which isn't present in the deliverables provided on the recovery CD.

We have an FAQ regarding this here.

Please can you try running the script provided in that FAQ?

You also mention that you're using Juno R1. Assuming you're using DS-5 to connect to the board, I recommend ensuring that you're using the "Juno ARM Development Platform (r0) | Bare Metal Debug | Debug Cortex-A57/Cortex-A53 big.LITTLE" target. This will allow you to connect to all of the cores (even though it says '(r0)' and you're using R1).

Best regards,

Ash

• Hello,

The fact that it works with the firmware from the recovery CD but not with the latest release suggests that this is caused by CPUIdle, which isn't present in the deliverables provided on the recovery CD.

We have an FAQ regarding this here.

Please can you try running the script provided in that FAQ?

You also mention that you're using Juno R1. Assuming you're using DS-5 to connect to the board, I recommend ensuring that you're using the "Juno ARM Development Platform (r0) | Bare Metal Debug | Debug Cortex-A57/Cortex-A53 big.LITTLE" target. This will allow you to connect to all of the cores (even though it says '(r0)' and you're using R1).

Best regards,

Ash

Children