This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM virtualization scenario.

Dear all,

I am interested in a scenario where I want to host two guest OSes above a bare-metal hypervisor on an ARM mobile platform. The total available memory platform is 4GB where I want to expose exclusively 2 GB of continuous RAM to each guest OS. Could you please guide me through my two below concerns:

1- in case I change the FDT (device tree) of each guest OS to reflect exclusively 2 GB of continuous memory, can I be assured that the kernel of the guest OS will only access these 2 GB, and further it is not even aware of the existence of the other 2 GB of the memory on the platform?

2- I prefer that each guest OS manage directly its memory without the intervention of the host hypervisor (in other words the guest physical address reflect the actual hypervisor physical address), in such scenario can I resort to a XenARM-like hypervisor and just disable the second stage translation in the Xen hypervisor code? Would that work or is there actually a better way to do it? Please share your experience

Best wishes.

Parents Reply Children