This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Compiler 6 (CLANG) and bit-banding

Hi, did Compiler 6 CLANG drop support for bit-banding for Cortex M3 and M4 ? I can't find any reference to such a feature.

Thank you,

Marco

Parents
  • I wonder what ARM's attitude is to bit-banding as it doesn't seem to be supported in the latest versions of Cortex-M, or at least it isn't in Cortex-M7 and I see no mention in Cortex-M23 or Cortex-M33. It is probably not at all nice to implement when there is a cache or multiple processors, the ARMv8.1 additions include atomic instructions but that was for something rather a bit larger.

• I wonder what ARM's attitude is to bit-banding as it doesn't seem to be supported in the latest versions of Cortex-M, or at least it isn't in Cortex-M7 and I see no mention in Cortex-M23 or Cortex-M33. It is probably not at all nice to implement when there is a cache or multiple processors, the ARMv8.1 additions include atomic instructions but that was for something rather a bit larger.

Children