This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Do i get free compiler software ?, and i have question about the chips.

Hi, i am currently working with Microchip chips to build synthesizers.

The big problem is they dont give the full optimized compiler for free, so i cannot get the best out of theyr chips.

Currently i can only build a monophonic synthesizer with the unoptimized DSPICFJ128GP802, i would like to build a polyphonic synthesizer.

Sometimes i read about cortex chip being the fastest, so i signed up here with my questions :

Do i get here fully optimized C/C++ compiler for free ?

Are your chips also in DIP package ?

How many pins are the DIP package maximum ?, with Microchip i only get 28 pin DIP, i would like to have 40 pin.

Does one of your chips has build in audio DAC ?, i currently use DSPICFJ128GP802, i am very happy because it has a build audio DAC.

Does your chips have hardware UART build in ?, i need this to receive MIDI data.

Thanks in advance, greetings

Parents
  • I haven't experience of this area but have you looked at Microchip's own line of ARM chips, they own Atmel now -look for SMART ARM or SAM, as they may have worked through any problems of connecting their own stuff up together? Even if they haven't worked through that yet Atmel is worth a look. There's free gcc and llvm compilers for ARM chips.

• I haven't experience of this area but have you looked at Microchip's own line of ARM chips, they own Atmel now -look for SMART ARM or SAM, as they may have worked through any problems of connecting their own stuff up together? Even if they haven't worked through that yet Atmel is worth a look. There's free gcc and llvm compilers for ARM chips.

Children