This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intermittent "FlexNet Licensing Error: -7,10015" from uVision/armclang over Remote Access Solution

Hi All,

My name is Arthur and I work for Twingate - a zero trust network access solution (tl;dr like a vpn but different).

One of our clients uses µVision and is finding that they are experiencing intermittent issues when compiling, appearing due to connectivity to the license server (which is facilitated via Twingate).

While several files will compile fine, they will (seemingly at random) get the following error (more or less):

compiling gcm.c...
ArmClang: error: Failed to check out a license.No socket connection to license server manager.
Feature: mdk_cm_std_compiler5
License path: 27002@[Server];c:\program files\arm\licenses\license.dat;
FlexNet Licensing error:-7,10015**

As we don't share this particular environment, we have been unable to replicate this in house.  Our first thought was it was potentially related to the number of concurrent connections, but we have replicated hundreds of simultaneous/concurrent connections over our system with no issues.

We were also thinking it could be something specifically related to timeout, as apparently FlexNet is very sensitive to that. We discovered This Flexera Community Post and subsequently tried setting the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT environment variable on the machine (as well as the TOOLS.ini file for uvision) to 5,10 and 20s, with no apparent change in behaviour.

Is this something anyone has seen before? (Even with other remote access solutions?) Is there a different variable or spot we should be tweaking a timeout setting? Something else super obvious that I missed?

Any input or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-arthur

Parents
  • Hello Arthur.

It is interesting that this is intermittent - is the VPN/firewall blocking certain transactions on port 27002? Are you able to see any logs from the VPN?

I also note that there is a local (node-locked) and flex (floating) license specified - is it that they are usually getting the license from the local file, but only when the request goes to the server?

As a test, please edit ARMLM_LICENSE_FILE to point only to the server, and see if this increases the fail rate.

I will also consult internally on other possible causes.

Regards, Ronan

• Hello Arthur.

It is interesting that this is intermittent - is the VPN/firewall blocking certain transactions on port 27002? Are you able to see any logs from the VPN?

I also note that there is a local (node-locked) and flex (floating) license specified - is it that they are usually getting the license from the local file, but only when the request goes to the server?

As a test, please edit ARMLM_LICENSE_FILE to point only to the server, and see if this increases the fail rate.

I will also consult internally on other possible causes.

Regards, Ronan

Children