This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Development Studio 2022.2 no longer recognizes options +nofp, +nocrypto etc.

I have a program, which can be compiled and linked with ARMCompiler6.18, but it failed to link with ARMCompiler6.19, which comes with Development Studio 2022.2. The error is:

Error: L6415E: Could not find a unique set of libraries compatible with this image.  Suggest using the --cpu option to select a specific library.

I used this option in my makefile: -mcpu=cortex-r82+nofp+nocrypto+nosimd

If I change the  --mcpu option value to --mcpu=cortex-r82 by removing +nofp+nocrypto+nosimd, the program can compile and link. It looks like the linker no longer understands the feature options +nofp, +nocrypto etc.

Parents
  • Hi Oscar,

The behavior of 6.19 is in fact correct. The library (currently) expects fp and simd to be available (just removing nocrypto does not cause the error above).

With 6.18 fp enabled libraries were silently being linked in (note that 6.18 warned that support for Cortex-R82 was Beta level).

This is somewhat covered in the below article, written for Cortex-A but equally applies for Cortex-R in this instance.
    https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka004846

May I ask if you are working with a Cortex-R82 implementation without FP, or is this just an academic interest?

Regards,

Ronan

• Hi Oscar,

The behavior of 6.19 is in fact correct. The library (currently) expects fp and simd to be available (just removing nocrypto does not cause the error above).

With 6.18 fp enabled libraries were silently being linked in (note that 6.18 warned that support for Cortex-R82 was Beta level).

This is somewhat covered in the below article, written for Cortex-A but equally applies for Cortex-R in this instance.
    https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka004846

May I ask if you are working with a Cortex-R82 implementation without FP, or is this just an academic interest?

Regards,

Ronan

Children