This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not able to get GPU counters on Odroid XU3 using ARM Streamline

Hi,

I am trying to profile Mali GPU counters on Odroid XU3 using Streamline. I have downloaded DS-5 Ultimate Edition trial for this purpose and built and run the gator daemon on the board ( using the steps from https://github.com/ARM-software/gator )

1. I am having some trouble with the GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT=MALI_MIDGARD flags, make does not seem to recognize this option. Without it I am able to compile and run.

2. I am able to see the Cortex A15/A7 stats but no GPU counters are visible on Streamline. Is this related to the previous step? 

3. Does DS-5 Community Edition not support Streamline? I initially used that and it said there was no valid license.

4. Is there a way to read/log the GPU counter data on the board itself without using a host PC app like Streamline? If yes, could you please point me to documentation to enable this?

Thanks,

Manoj

Parents
  • Hi Manoj,

I thought I would provide some information about each one of your questions:

1) This option is needed to build Gator with counters enabled for Mali. The reason you can still build it without means that gator will be built without any Mali support at all.

For the flag to work you will need access to some parts of the Mali Driver source. Are you building gator seperate from the kernel for your board or are you building it as part of the kernel source?

The best option for getting Mali Counters is to just use the userspace gator daemon that comes prebuilt with Streamline. Place the gatord binary from DS-5/sw/streamline/bin/arm/gatord onto your target and then run it. You should then be able to connect to Streamline and get counters for the GPU.

2) Yes with you not including the GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT into your build gator will build with CPU support only.

3) Yes DS-5 Community edition should support Streamline. When did Streamline say there was no valid licence was it upon launching Streamline?

4) No unfortunately the only way to use GPU counter data is to use Streamline. This is because Streamline knows how to interact with the Mali driver to get the counters.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen

• Hi Manoj,

I thought I would provide some information about each one of your questions:

1) This option is needed to build Gator with counters enabled for Mali. The reason you can still build it without means that gator will be built without any Mali support at all.

For the flag to work you will need access to some parts of the Mali Driver source. Are you building gator seperate from the kernel for your board or are you building it as part of the kernel source?

The best option for getting Mali Counters is to just use the userspace gator daemon that comes prebuilt with Streamline. Place the gatord binary from DS-5/sw/streamline/bin/arm/gatord onto your target and then run it. You should then be able to connect to Streamline and get counters for the GPU.

2) Yes with you not including the GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT into your build gator will build with CPU support only.

3) Yes DS-5 Community edition should support Streamline. When did Streamline say there was no valid licence was it upon launching Streamline?

4) No unfortunately the only way to use GPU counter data is to use Streamline. This is because Streamline knows how to interact with the Mali driver to get the counters.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen

Children