This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

why DS5 ce version got segment falut on ubuntu1604?

I installed ds5 ce verson (version 5.27.0 build 5270014 dated 2017/04/27 10:47:07 GMT) on my ubuntu 1604.

why I got an segment falut when I run the ds5?

• As of the 20th June 2017, there have been some Linux updates rolled out to the various distributions that might prevent Eclipse / DS-5 from starting.

Symptom is that when DS-5 is started from the command line, it fails to start and reports :

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Answer

Until the issue is resolved, there is a workaround described here.

Workaround

Work-around to this issue is as follows :

The 'eclipse.ini' file (in <DS-5 Install Dir>/sw/eclipse ) needs to be modified.

If you have write access to this directory then you can modify the file directly, otherwise take a copy.

Modify 'eclipse.ini' such that lines :

-vm

../java/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so

are changed to read :

-vm

../java/bin

and then save the updated eclipse.ini

If you have modified the supplied eclipse.ini file then DS-5 can be launched as normal.

If you have taken a copy of the 'eclipse.ini' then then this needs to passed to DS-5 on start-up

This can be done using the '–-launcher.ini' command line option. See the 'Example' section.

Example

An example command line is shown below that shows a modified 'eclipse.ini' file being passed into DS-5 :

/usr/local/DS-5_v5.27.1/bin/eclipse --launcher.ini ~/eclipse.ini

where :

/usr/local/DS-5_v5.27.1 is the install directory of DS-5 v5.27.1

The modified 'eclipse.ini' file is located in the users home directory.

Related Information

This issue also affects standard Eclipse, see the bug report here