This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I connect a Udoo board to Dstream?

Hello Everyone,

Hello agostinelli

I have recently purchased a UDOO board & I'm developing a simple baremetal application (flashing led & button).. & I wanted to be able to debug the processor using the ARM DSTREAM since I have access to such a device.

The problem is that, there seems to be a problem that the DSTREAM cannot connec to my UDOO board (I connected the Udoo board using a custom cable on the JTAG pins available on the board).

Can anyone guide me how did they connect UDOO to Dstream & then uploading an .elf file via JTAG to debug their code? Is there any kind of scripts i need to load when connecting to the imx6Q processor on board? Or is it just providing the processor with the necessary power?

Thanks alot!

Parents
  • Hi oray,

For the UDOO QUAD/DUAL versions the JTAG header on the board is wired rather oddly - can you detail exactly how you're wiring your custom cable (to which pins)?

You can, in theory, connect up the Atmel and NXP chips on the board in a chain and have them both active at once in a debug configuration, if you've wired it this way then there is significant work ahead to create a debug configuration that will suit this JTAG chain.

However if you've wired the i.MX6Q up alone, properly, then we're not sure why an i.MX6Quad (Generic) connection wouldn't work out of the box. Is your DSTREAM VTREFA light on (along with the green LED on the board)?

Ta,

Matt

• Hi oray,

For the UDOO QUAD/DUAL versions the JTAG header on the board is wired rather oddly - can you detail exactly how you're wiring your custom cable (to which pins)?

You can, in theory, connect up the Atmel and NXP chips on the board in a chain and have them both active at once in a debug configuration, if you've wired it this way then there is significant work ahead to create a debug configuration that will suit this JTAG chain.

However if you've wired the i.MX6Q up alone, properly, then we're not sure why an i.MX6Quad (Generic) connection wouldn't work out of the box. Is your DSTREAM VTREFA light on (along with the green LED on the board)?

Ta,

Matt

Children