This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Specification of FMTrace format

Hello,

Can anyone show me where I can find the specification for the trace format FMTrace? I would like to manually parse the raw trace data obtained from debugging something on a FVP.

Thank you,

Andrei

Parents
  • Do you mean the format of the file you get when exporting a trace report from DS-5?

If you want to manually parse the trace you might want to consider using a separate plugin...

The Fast Models support MTI, Model Trace Interface.  To get trace from a model you need a plug-in to connect to this interface.  The job of the plugin is to select which of the available trace source to record, format the trace and output it in some form.  When you connect Trace in DS-5, its loading a plugin for you.

If you have a copy of Fast Models (eval available), you can develop your own plugin.  And then output in whatever format you like.  The MTI API is described here:

Fast Models Model Trace Interface

Under ${PVLIB_HOME}\examples\MTI you'll find a couple of example projects to help you get started.

• Do you mean the format of the file you get when exporting a trace report from DS-5?

If you want to manually parse the trace you might want to consider using a separate plugin...

The Fast Models support MTI, Model Trace Interface.  To get trace from a model you need a plug-in to connect to this interface.  The job of the plugin is to select which of the available trace source to record, format the trace and output it in some form.  When you connect Trace in DS-5, its loading a plugin for you.

If you have a copy of Fast Models (eval available), you can develop your own plugin.  And then output in whatever format you like.  The MTI API is described here:

Fast Models Model Trace Interface

Under ${PVLIB_HOME}\examples\MTI you'll find a couple of example projects to help you get started.

Children