This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 debugger does not show uC-OS info

When starting up the debugger (v5.22), I select the uC-OSIII OS in the configuration.  When I stop in a task on a breakpoint, the OS tab has no information for any of the tables.

Is there some extra linkage that needs to be setup to get this feature to work?

Parents
  • Hi lmorsephilips,

There shouldn't be any extra steps needed for the OS Support to work - you simply need to enable it from the "OS Awareness" tab in the Debug Configuration window and load an image with the uC-OSIII debug symbols (either via the Debug Configuration file tab or at some point after connection using the commands view or "Load..." option in the Debug Control view). Once you have the image loaded the OS Support should automatically enable itself once it detects the OS is running.

Once you have hit your breakpoint if you could do the following it will help a lot in working out what's gone wrong:

• Run the command "show os enabled" in the Commands view and let me know what the result is
    • Run the command "print OSRunning" in the Commands view and let me know what the result is

The first command will print the state of the OS Support (i.e. whether or not it's correctly loaded) and the second will print a symbol which we expect in uC-OSIII images.

Best regards,

Jon

• Hi lmorsephilips,

There shouldn't be any extra steps needed for the OS Support to work - you simply need to enable it from the "OS Awareness" tab in the Debug Configuration window and load an image with the uC-OSIII debug symbols (either via the Debug Configuration file tab or at some point after connection using the commands view or "Load..." option in the Debug Control view). Once you have the image loaded the OS Support should automatically enable itself once it detects the OS is running.

Once you have hit your breakpoint if you could do the following it will help a lot in working out what's gone wrong:

• Run the command "show os enabled" in the Commands view and let me know what the result is
    • Run the command "print OSRunning" in the Commands view and let me know what the result is

The first command will print the state of the OS Support (i.e. whether or not it's correctly loaded) and the second will print a symbol which we expect in uC-OSIII images.

Best regards,

Jon

Children