This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Package manager for ARM DS/Embedded Systems

Is there a de-facto package manager for ARM DS/Embedded Systems? With C/C++ I would usually be using CMake and Conan, but that doesn't feel like a great fit for developers using ARM DS.

The problem we're actually trying to solve is code reuse. Git submodules work ok here, but we're finding that certain submodules are reused so many times we're ending up with a ton of duplication on disk. Another approach we tried was simply referencing other projects via relative paths, but version control becomes tough to manage there too.

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The use of Project References in Eclipse is a good approach, and one which we use ourselves here at Arm within the Arm DS Examples:

This approach is easy to replicate in a makefile too (see REF_DIR below):

Alternatively, a block of commonly-used code could be pre-built into a library or (perhaps better, if you are using Arm Compiler 6 and armlink) a partially-linked object, which is then linked-into your project at link time.  Libraries and partially-linked objects can be easily version-controlled.

For more info on partial linking, see developer.arm.com/.../Partial-linking-model-overview

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The use of Project References in Eclipse is a good approach, and one which we use ourselves here at Arm within the Arm DS Examples:

This approach is easy to replicate in a makefile too (see REF_DIR below):

Alternatively, a block of commonly-used code could be pre-built into a library or (perhaps better, if you are using Arm Compiler 6 and armlink) a partially-linked object, which is then linked-into your project at link time.  Libraries and partially-linked objects can be easily version-controlled.

For more info on partial linking, see developer.arm.com/.../Partial-linking-model-overview

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children
No data