This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

project build : Eclipse for DS-5

May I build gcc (Bare Metal GCC) without Arm license?

Parents
  • Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Yes, you can build projects using GCC within DS-5 without a license, but you will not then be able to connect to a target or run/debug your code.

DS-5 is quite old, and has been superseded by Arm Development Studio.  Arm no longer offers evaluation licenses for DS-5.

Please try using Arm Development Studio instead.  This also allows you to build projects with GCC.  You can download a full-function Arm Development Studio with a free 30 day evaluation from developer.arm.com/.../arm-development-studio

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

Yes, you can build projects using GCC within DS-5 without a license, but you will not then be able to connect to a target or run/debug your code.

DS-5 is quite old, and has been superseded by Arm Development Studio.  Arm no longer offers evaluation licenses for DS-5.

Please try using Arm Development Studio instead.  This also allows you to build projects with GCC.  You can download a full-function Arm Development Studio with a free 30 day evaluation from developer.arm.com/.../arm-development-studio

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children
No data