This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Streamline JIT profiling

Hi, I'm trying to measure the power of a deep learning model at Raspberry Pi, Jetson, etc ..

And I have just three questions.

1. The description page of v 6.x contains information about Python code profiling, but it was not on the description page of v 7.x.

Did the function get deleted after moving on to version 7?

2. Is code profiling function available even if I use NIDAQ equipment instead of Energy Probe?

3. The figure on the description page showed NI USB-621x as an example, is that the only line available? If so, which device is appropriate?(e.g. USB-6211)

(Arm Streamline User Guide Version 7.5)

Parents
  • 1. The description page of v 6.x contains information about Python code profiling, but it was not on the description page of v 7.x.

Correct, it's no longer officially supported, although the instructions from 6.x would probably still work. The data Streamline used was the same as you'd get using the Python built-in profiling functionality.

2. Is code profiling function available even if I use NIDAQ equipment instead of Energy Probe?

Yes, native profiling is independent of the energy capture functionality.

3. The figure on the description page showed NI USB-621x as an example, is that the only line available? If so, which device is appropriate?(e.g. USB-6211)

That's the only version we test. Other models might work; the caiman adapter is provided as source so you can modify it if you need different behavior. 

HTH,

Pete

• 1. The description page of v 6.x contains information about Python code profiling, but it was not on the description page of v 7.x.

Correct, it's no longer officially supported, although the instructions from 6.x would probably still work. The data Streamline used was the same as you'd get using the Python built-in profiling functionality.

Yes, native profiling is independent of the energy capture functionality.

That's the only version we test. Other models might work; the caiman adapter is provided as source so you can modify it if you need different behavior. 

HTH,

Pete

Children