This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FlexNet License - Version Conflict

Hey there,

our company owns DS5 5.0 Licenses and after new OS Installation and Updates we ran into a version conflict.

FlexNet Error: Application Version > License Version: 5.0201910 > 5.0201712

As I do understand of the version-code, we have a license valid until End of 2017. So which is the latest Version we can use here?  I can not find a correlating List of version of the installers correlating wit hthis DateCode of FlexNet. Can I rely on the release Dates?

We installed Version Arm DS-5: 5.29.3 October 08, 2019 which is not allowed by our license and generated the error above.
I know from an older installed device, that  Arm DS-5: 5.25 July 29, 2016 is OK

No we want to know wich is the latest one working:
- will Arm DS-5: 5.28 November 28, 2017 be good
- will Arm DS-5: 5.28.1 January 17, 2018 not running since it is the same main-version but has been released in 2018?

I don't want to try and error every single Verision and hope s.o. can give a short Feedback here.

thanks for your help

Alex.

Parents
  • Hi Alex,

You have what is known as a “permanent” license. This kind of license has no expiry but has a fixed length support and maintenance (or S&M) period. Within this period you are entitled to support and updates (or maintenance) for the product. It looks like your support and maintenance period expired at the end of December 2017. This means this license will not enable products released after this date.

The latest compatible version of Arm DS-5 you will be able to use is 5.28 (released November 2017). All versions of DS-5 prior to this will also be compatible. DS-5 5.28.1 will be incompatible (released January 2018).

Best regards,
    Jonathan

• Hi Alex,

You have what is known as a “permanent” license. This kind of license has no expiry but has a fixed length support and maintenance (or S&M) period. Within this period you are entitled to support and updates (or maintenance) for the product. It looks like your support and maintenance period expired at the end of December 2017. This means this license will not enable products released after this date.

The latest compatible version of Arm DS-5 you will be able to use is 5.28 (released November 2017). All versions of DS-5 prior to this will also be compatible. DS-5 5.28.1 will be incompatible (released January 2018).

Best regards,
    Jonathan

Children
No data